Home > Uncategorized > Applied paranoia

Applied paranoia

The world is full of paranoids. Thanks to them, we live in an era of permanent suspicion of our neighbour, of our next-seat-companion at the trains, even of our own family (which is good indeed in some cases).

Living with a paranoid brings some terrific results, because in 99% of cases one ends thinking like them. The other 1% ends free of them, previously committing suicide.
And it is because of this that we see covers like the one in The Economist, not to talk about it’s articles informing, without any intention of creating terror nor panic amongst the readers as the graphic image perfectly shows, about the new possibilities of the Internet as a new war front.

Of course we’ve been talking about netwar, chinese hackers, the Great Firewall of China/UK/US/Iran and a lot more of based upon real facts theories. But this Ecomonist’s edition is talking of some other things.

Anyone reading Wired‘s feeds, Danger Room to be precise, surely will know about the existence of a Michael McConnel, a bloke who was head of the United States’ national intelligence during the last Bush Administration. Back then, McConnell was devoted to scare the crap out of George Walker “Texas Ranger” Bush about the perils of cyberwar and the necessity to filter absolutely all Internet’s traffic in order to prevent a cybernetic 9/11.

Back to civilian life, he kept on his apocalypto-diatribe, winding everywhere his shitty paranoia about cyberwar and the perils about The Terrorism ending with the Free and Open Internet.

Following links from Wired’s articles you will get a complete picture about this shitty paranoid. But as I said earlier, this is not about netwars, swarmings, greatfirewallings nor cocksuckings. McConnell it is not a good samaritan wanting to make a better place of Planet Earth, for the children of our great-children. No way.
McConnell is simply a person who is applying paranoia on other persons in order to fill in millionaire contracts for his corporations. It is one more of those promoting other paranoid writing fear-mongering articles on newspapers against the invisible enemy.
And with more articles from well known sources, more voices will demand for new measures to end those (Previously Orchestrated) Final Judgements.
More voices will be claiming to renounce freedom to get some totally-false-security. To continue shooting and tasering people suffering a hypoglycaemia. To keep on paranoid pople speaking of baby terrorists, outer-space terrorism, ministries of truth
To write and approve new legislation as DMCA (US and CA), UK’s Digital Economy Bill, Spanish Sustainable Economy Bill, malicious threaties as ACTA… the ways of the war on terror on freedom are mysterious…

When paranoia is applied, it generates fear. And fear is a really bad counsellor. It prevents to take sane decisions.
We have to be savvy that there are social programming languages, and we have to be aware of that in order to avoid being programmed… to avoid being used.

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: , , ,
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: